Distributors of Beer, Hard Cider, Spirits, Wine, and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
Job Summary: The Driver Helper, under the supervision of the Driver, is responsible for delivering accurate orders to customers on time while performing the job in a safe manner and providing a high level of customer service.
- Load and unload the truck by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Ensures correct items are off-loaded at each stop
- Assist Drivers to off-load products to customers.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- Pad, stack, and secure items in position to prevent damage during shipment.
- Communicates issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Unload and verify all returning products with the appropriate check-in personnel
- Maintains cleanliness of truck and reports any damages and maintenance requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year in warehouse delivery environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills
- Two-wheel dolly experience
- Must be able to lift/move up to 150 lbs.
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Major Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Complimentary Aflac Insurance
- Simple IRA with Company Matching
- Safety Boot Allowance
To apply, please call (201) 731-3365 or send your resume with the position in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract
Oak Beverages Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
About Oak Beverages
Oak Beverages services New York City, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Sullivan, Orange, and Ulster Counties. Established by Hap Boening in 1980, Oak Beverages was to distribute beer in the northern counties of the NY metro area.
Under the command of CEO and President Debra Boening since 2000, Oak Beverages services the 5 boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Sullivan, Orange, and Ulster Counties. It employs 220 people, has 3 warehouses and a fleet of 42 beverage trucks. Oak has recently added Wines and Liquors to its portfolio of available beverages.
Is to become the model beer distributorship in the industry. To accomplish this, we must individually exceed the Oak standards of performance set forth in each our position descriptions. Our mission will be accomplished when all our activities and decisions are based on and guided by:
- Placing the interest and needs of our customers first.
- Pursuing a continuous quest for quality in everything we do at Oak.
- Treating our people and our customers with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrating flexibility within the organizational structure to get tasks accomplished.
- Behaving in a manner that reflects the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Building a sense of teamwork that includes all members of Oak Beverages, Inc.
- The extent to which we live this philosophy, we believe we will continually improve our services to our customers (both internal and external), earn a leadership position in the wholesale beer
- industry and help Oak Beverages, Inc. become the best service provider and employer in the industry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com