Distributors of Beer, Hard Cider, Spirits, Wine, and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
We are currently looking for a Draft Specialist – Technician serving the New York Metro Area. The ideal candidate will have experience in draft beer quality control, and or experience in the beverage industry, and or the restaurant bar industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Draft Specialist – Technician
- Develop outstanding relationships with customers, co-workers, while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Adhere to current route and make all scheduled calls.
- Maintain high quality control standards including cleaning, sterilizing, repairing and the overall maintenance of equipment used to operate beer dispensing systems.
- Adhere to draft technician-/line cleaning standards
- Physical exertion will be necessary to achieve desired levels of account management. The employee must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 175 lbs. when handling kegs.
- High level of integrity, commitment, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Background or experience in the beverage or restaurant-bar industry prefered.
- Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry, including knowledge of beer, beer terms, and beer production process techniques helpful.
Licenses, Age restrictions:
- Valid Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver license.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of employment.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Two wheel hand truck
- Car or van
- Hand-held or personal computer
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Use of hand and foot controls for driving
- Walking and climbing stairs
- Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of cases from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying half barrels and quarter barrels from floor to 48″ on an occasional basis
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck and/or cart on level and inclined surfaces on a frequent basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, and/or bending while handling products
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate business equipment including, but not limited to, computer, telephone, adding machine
Competitive wages, full medical and dental insurance, full tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, 401k plan!
Oak Beverages Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
About Oak Beverages
Oak Beverages services New York City, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Sullivan, Orange, and Ulster Counties. Established by Hap Boening in 1980, Oak Beverages was to distribute beer in the northern counties of the NY metro area.
Under the command of CEO and President Debra Boening since 2000, Oak Beverages services the 5 boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Sullivan, Orange, and Ulster Counties. It employs 220 people, has 3 warehouses and a fleet of 42 beverage trucks. Oak has recently added Wines and Liquors to its portfolio of available beverages.
Is to become the model beer distributorship in the industry. To accomplish this, we must individually exceed the Oak standards of performance set forth in each our position descriptions. Our mission will be accomplished when all our activities and decisions are based on and guided by:
- Placing the interest and needs of our customers first.
- Pursuing a continuous quest for quality in everything we do at Oak.
- Treating our people and our customers with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrating flexibility within the organizational structure to get tasks accomplished.
- Behaving in a manner that reflects the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Building a sense of teamwork that includes all members of Oak Beverages, Inc.
- The extent to which we live this philosophy, we believe we will continually improve our services to our customers (both internal and external), earn a leadership position in the wholesale beer
- industry and help Oak Beverages, Inc. become the best service provider and employer in the industry.
To apply for this job email your resume by clicking “Apply for job”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com